CSBA Congress 2019
July 4 – 6, 2019
Thursday, July 4 – Evening reception
Friday, July 5 – Speakers and sessions (day-long)
*evening dinner cruise on the harbour (optional)
Saturday, July 6 – Speakers and banquet
Dr. Gabor Maté – Peer orientation: Why children are stressed, why parents and teachers are disempowered, and how to restore an healthy balance in adult-child relationships
Brian Woodland – Making public education, and your leadership, matter in a Kim Kardashian world
- Mobilizing brilliance: Changing practice to better serve students
- Global leadership and impact: The University of Toronto
- National advocacy for local democratic voice in public education
- Transforming teaching and learning through innovative practices
- What can I contribute to meaningful reconciliation?
- mamaweyatitan centre: (re)defining Shared
- The role and importance of Student Trustees
- Local board autonomy VS collective agreements – where is the appropriate balance?
- Are school community councils realizing their mandate?
- More to come!
Registration information: Early bird fees (end June 14, 2019)
CSBA Congress only – $850
National Trustee Gathering on Indigenous Education + CSBA Congress – $1150
AFTER June 14, 2019
CSBA Congress only – $950
National Trustee Gathering on Indigenous Education + CSBA Congress – $1300