To fulfill our advocacy role, the Canadian School Board Association has prioritized several issues in our strategic action plan:
- Promote and support the infusion of the values, culture, perspectives and histories of Aboriginal peoples into the curricula and environment of Canadian schools.
- Promote educational opportunities and student achievement for aboriginal students, as identified in Learn Canada 2020 (Council of Ministers of Education, Canada)
Canadian Students as Global Citizens
- Support the creation of policy to promote the integration of emerging technologies into teaching and learning in Canadian classrooms.
- Support the creation of policy to promote classroom and community/industry connections and partnerships.
- Promote research-based practices in Canadian classrooms that develop skills in areas such as literacy, communication, collaboration, critical-thinking and problem solving.
- Support the creation of policy for sustainability.