Memorial University and CSBA Launch Pan-Canadian Research Study on School Board Governance
Researchers at Memorial University of Newfoundland have launched an ambitious Pan-Canadian research study in collaboration with the Canadian School Boards Association. The work of Dr. Gerald Galway, Dr. Bruce Sheppard, Dr. Jean Brown (Memorial University) and Dr. John Wiens (University of Manitoba) is aimed at furthering understanding of effective governance practices of school boards/districts across Canada with the goal of understanding its effects on student achievement.
To this end, this study will examine policy-making at the school board level. The relationship of school boards and government will be explored, as well as the factors that impact their respective policy-making decisions.
The researchers are requesting participation from trustees and commissioners across Canada through surveys as well as through focus groups taking place in various provinces. Information will be distributed through the provincial school board Associations.
For more information, please visit the Memorial University Research Project page and check back often for updates.
- Welcome to the New Canadian School Boards Association Website!
- School Boards: Playing A Key Role in Student Success and Achievement
- CSBA 2011 Call for Proposals
- PISA Results: Canadian Students Score High in Performance, Canadian Education System Scores High in Equity
- New Initiative by Nova Scotia School Board Addresses Literacy Needs of Boys