CSBA Congress is an annual professional development event that takes place in early July. Approximately 350 school trustees or commissioners gather for Professional Development and to share best practices, compare experiences and learn new ways of better serving Canadian students.
Often in conjunction with the annual conference, the CSBA hosts the National Trustee Gathering on Aboriginal Education.
CSBA Congress 2018
For information about this upcoming Annual CSBA Conference in Halifax, Nova Scotia July 4-8, please visit the congress website here. While it is under construction at the moment, as soon as information becomes available it will be added. For the moment, we can confirm that Stanley Kutcher, MD and Candy Palmater have been confirmed as Key Note Speakers. More information concerning the program, registration and accommodation will be available in October 2017.
The National Trustee Gathering on Aboriginal Education will again take place this year just prior to the annual conference.
CSBA member provincial associations alternate as hosts for the Congress. CSBA 2019 will be hosted by OPSBA in Ontario … destination to be determined.
CSBA Annual Congresses were or will be hosted by the following Associations:
- 2018 – Nova Scotia School Boards Assocation (Halifax)
- 2017 – British Columbia School Trustees Association (Whistler)
- 2016 – Manitoba School Boards Association (Winnipeg)
- 2015 – Saskatchewan School Boards Association (Saskatoon)
- 2014 – Ontario Public School Boards Association (Niagara Falls)
- 2013 – British Columbia School Trustees Association (Vancouver)
- 2012 – Quebec English School Boards Association (Quebec City)
- 2011 – Ontario Public School Boards Association (Ottawa)
- 2010 – Newfoundland and Labrador School Boards Association (St. John’s)
- 2009 – Nova Scotia School Boards Association
- 2008 – Saskatchewan School Boards Association
- 2007 – Alberta School Boards Association
- 2006 – Québec English School Boards Association
- 2005 – British Columbia School Trustees’ Association